The Victoria Foundation offers additional services for registered charities including assisting with the establishment of Hosted Organization Endowment Funds for local charities with a long-term strategy.
Why Establish a Hosted Fund at the Victoria Foundation?
The Victoria Foundation is committed to providing personalized service to hosted organizations and partnering with them to build their endowment funds and their long term capacity for the benefit of the programs and people they serve. These services and benefits include:
- Access to the pooling of investments for increased return and reduced risk.
- A stable stream of distributions on a quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis.
- Quarterly fund statements.
- Invitation to the Annual Hosted Organization Update and Learning Event.
- Promotion opportunities via our website (listing and link to your site) and social media, foundation events and publications.
- Ease of administration as the Victoria Foundation prepares receipts and fund statements and, if requested, works with the hosted organization’s board and staff in the administration of the fund throughout the year.
- Access to a local community foundation resource with an excellent reputation for donor stewardship, grant-making and community leadership.
- Hosted organizations qualify to be featured on our Community Knowledge Centre - our online searchable knowledge hub featuring local charities.
- Beyond the Community Knowledge Centre, foundation staff provide research services to donors including our key community initiative, Victoria’s Vital Signs®, an annual community check-up that measures the vitality of our region and identifies significant trends.
Consider Our History and Experience
The strengths of the Victoria Foundation lie in our relationship and fund management skills. Fund holders who choose to work with us do so because of our strong history and proven ability to maintain personal relationships, while at the same time managing complicated funds. Established through an Act of the BC Legislature in 1936 the Victoria Foundation is the second oldest community foundation in Canada and the sixth largest of the more than 180 community foundations across the country.
Since 2001, our total assets under management have grown from $25 million to more than $240 million. We have managed over $54 million in Provincial Government funds for the benefit of children and families throughout British Columbia, as well as $55 million for a provincial scholarship society with six scholarship funds benefiting students from all parts of the province. Our volunteer board of directors is comprised of community leaders and our 14 full and part-time staff members work to ensure all our fund holders benefit from their relationship with the Victoria Foundation.