Note: Grants for 2014 projects will be awarded in December 2013. Check this resource list for other sources of funding.
If you meet our general grant eligibility requirements and your application is successful, our staff will determine the best fit for your project from one of our endowment funds or one of a series of smaller funds that address specialized areas.
- Please read the current guidelines for community grants for an overview on who can apply and what types of grants we fund.
- Take the eligibility assessment. Compare your project idea to the criteria that our granting committee uses to rate grant applications.
- After completing the above steps, phone the Director of Community Initiatives and Grants at 250.381.5532 to discuss your project idea and to receive a grant application.
Deadlines: The application deadline for 2014 grants has now passed. The timeline for submission of 2015 grant applications will be posted in the Spring of 2014.
The Greater Victoria Community Funders Network's Grant Writing Handbook is an excellent source of information and can assist you when writing your grant application. The VCFN grantwriting workshop presentation also summarizes the Do's and Don'ts of grant writing.
Check here to see an example of a well-written grant application.
2013 Granting Cycle
- June 21: Deadline for submission of grant applications. CLOSED
- July: Staff and Community Advisors conduct their review and site visits
- August: Recommended projects are summarized by Field of Interest and circulated in our Make it Happen booklet to donor-advised fundholders, VCFN partners and posted on our website for all applicants to promote to their own networks as well.
- September: Deadline for donor-advised fundholders to recommend distributions from their funds towards the community projects.
- October: Our Community Engagement Committee (CEC) will review the balance of the applications
- November: The CEC will meet on November 18th to recommend which projects proceed to the Board of Directors for approval at their December 6th meeting.
- December: Decisions will be posted on our website and letters sent to each applicant.